Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shot Taking and the LAPC Prelims

I've been playing poker almost nonstop lately. I think I've been playing over 60 hours a week for the past 2 weeks. I've been playing a lot online as well. Since I've been doing well lately, I have a confidence boost and decided to take some shots at bigger games.

I've been playing 2/4 online with some mixed results. I rediscovered my ability to spew off chips like a complete donkey. On the other hand, I forgot when I'm on my A game, I can hang with the best of 'em. A fun hand from 2/4 the other night. You can't bluff me man, I'm the best calling station in the world. I SNAP called the river too.

***** Hand History for Game 38829973121 ***** (Poker Stars)
$400.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, January 27, 06:50:34 ET 2010
Table Tomita VIII (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Seat 1: ungar-like ( $507.00 USD )
Seat 3: jessyj ( $403.00 USD )
Seat 5: slapnuts3 ( $400.00 USD )
Seat 6: LilDeano89 ( $400.00 USD )
Seat 7: Seingalt1725 ( $425.80 USD )
Seat 8: Leviathan101 ( $400.00 USD )
jessyj posts small blind [$2.00 USD].
slapnuts3 posts big blind [$4.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Leviathan101 [ Tc Td ]
LilDeano89 raises [$12.00 USD]
Seingalt1725 folds
Leviathan101 calls [$12.00 USD]
ungar-like folds
jessyj folds
slapnuts3 folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8s, 6c, 2h ]
LilDeano89 bets [$24.00 USD]
Leviathan101 calls [$24.00 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qc ]
LilDeano89 bets [$56.00 USD]
Leviathan101 calls [$56.00 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ 7s ]
LilDeano89 bets [$145.00 USD]
Leviathan101 calls [$145.00 USD]
LilDeano89 shows [Ac, 4c ]
Leviathan101 shows [Tc, Td ]
Leviathan101 wins $477.00 USD from main pot



I played the LAPC $1 million guarantee last week. The had 4 day 1s and let you buy into the next one of you busted a previous one. They call it a reentry tournament, and it's kinda similar to rebuys kinda not. I think they will grow in popularity, as they can bring really big prize pools for small buyins.
Anyways I ended up playing all 4 day1s and didn't cash. Poof there goes $1,300. At least I got to play cash games afterwards. I'll probably play the $300 HU event, and the Chinese poker event, but nothing else until the main event.

Going to the commerce reminded me why I don't like it there. It's so impersonal. I feel like its a chicken coup and I'm just stuffed in there with everyone else. Although, I like commerce slightly more now that I took a shot at the 10/20 no limit game there and took them for almost $3k in under 3 hours. I'm really proud of this hand.

I raised AKo to $70 in middle position and the CO and BTN call. I had already figured out the CO is straightfoward and ABC, and the button was willing to make a lot of moves if he sensed weakness. The flop is K83r, and I decide to check and let the button bluff. The CO checks, and the BTN predictably bets $250. I hum and haw and try to make him think I have like QQ or JJ then call. The CO overcalls. On a K83r flop, he nearly always has a King, and might occasionally have a 8 or 3 with a backdoor flush draw. The turn is a T, and everyone checks. The river is a 5, and I decide to check once again. If the CO bet, I was going to check/raise and if the BTN bet, I was going to call and try to get the CO to overcall. The CO checks and the BTN bet $500, I call and the CO calls. The BTN just looks at his hand and clearly indicates he's got squat as I turn over my hand like its the nuts. The CO mumbles about how he was sure I had QQ and then throws KJs into the muck face up.
I think I got maximum value there, because it would be hard for KJ to call three streets after I raise preflop. Even if it did, I would probably make around the same amount.


I played 10/20/40 last night at the hustler, three handed with Zack (very good regular) and Mike (rich Colorado native). I ended up winning like $5k in a long session, including a 5 hour heads up match against Mike. I quit at noon and was up around $2k from HU. I would've been up a lot more, but I ran one bad bluff for around $1k when I couldn't get him to fold QQ on a 8d 6d 4s 3d 2h board. Oh well nice call sir. He insisted we tipped the dealers really well. Normally this is no problem for me, but he was talking like giving them $30 each when they sat down and like another 20 when they left. Adding in the drop and honestly I think I gave away like $500 in tips and drop. Oh well, he basically payed for it all.

I'm up almost $40k this month now. I'm on a tear atm, and am super focused. I'm not letting up for now, gonna keep crushing until I have a real reason to slow down.

I'll see you across the felt.
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment