Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 4 of play - Failure

Today was short and bittersweet. I'm out, but I cashed for 52k. 47th out of 1520 is pretty decent. Everybody who has 1% of me will get $520. Could be better could be worse.

It's kinda tilting that pokernews and the PCA live updates have a short story for every single other player eliminated, but don't have one for me.

Didn't play for more than two levels today, so not too many hands.

Here is my starting line up for the day.




800k
Folds to in the small blind. He limps in. I get 88 and raise 30k more to 46k total. He limp/shoves for 400k. I call, he had A6o. Flop is A69, turn Q and a dramatic 8 on the river.

New table
Amit and John Duthie on my right. Ryan D'Angelo (g0lfa, won 2 wcoop bracelets this year) in seat 4. I'm in seat 1.

1.2 mil
I raise AQc UTG+! to 35k. Amit calls in the BB. The flop is Th 7s 2c. He check calls 43k. Turn is a Qh. He checks, I bet 98k. He check/raises to 230k. I shove for 600k, he folds.

1.5 mil
Next hand I raise QJh to 35k. John Duthie 3bets the BB to 86k. I call. The flop is Ah 2h 4d. He bets 95k. I call. Turn is a 3d. He bets 300k, I decide I should fold. In a cash game I might shove there, but I think its very thin and too high variance for a tournament.

1.3 mil
Duthie raises the button to 36k. I call in the SB with 98c. The flop is Kd 9d 6s. I check/call 35k. The turn is a Qs. We both check. River is a 7. I check/call 50k after some thinking and he has QJh.

1.3 mil
MP opens to 40k. I flat AKs on the button to induce a squeeze out of the SB or BB, and also to disguise my hand. The flop is QJ6r no spades. He check/calls my 52k. We check down and he has 99. I probably could've barreled him out there, but I decided that I have a tiny bit of showdown value and he might turn his hand into a bluff.

3k/10k/20k
1.2 mil
I open JJ to 45k in MP, the CO 3bets to 115k with 400k behind. I shove he has AA and holds.

700k - My bust hand
g0lfa raises to 48k in MP. I call with KQc in the bb. The flop is Tc 2d 7c. So my default line with around 50bb would be to lead out for a bit less than the pot, and then 3bet all in. However, I think g0fla is a bit too good to fall for that, so I don't think he'll bluff raise. Instead I decide to c/c flop and c/r cards on the turn that give me extra draws. If a club comes out, I'll lead, since he probably expects me to c/r most flush draws on that flop. I c/c 60k or so. The turn is the Ks. I decide now that I will c/c turn and c/c river and give him a chance to barrel and rep AK. I c/c 150k. The river is a 5d. I check and he shoves for my last 400k.
This is kinda gross. I really only beat a 3 barrel bluff, but I think my hand looks weak. KQ is literally the top of my range in this spot. I don't really think he would just ship AK or AA (I could be wrong), because I don't think there are many hands in my range I can call with.
I tank for a while then call. He has KTh for top two.

It was a good run, but man it hurts to be on the otherside of the rail.
Try again at the LAPC? I'll be selling action for the main event at $103 for 1%, like the PCA.

I'll see you across the felt.
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment