Saturday, February 20, 2010

First Day of the NAPT... and the Only One.

A lot of standardish hands but I lost my notes for some more complex ones.


50/100
I open QQ to 300 in EPish, and I get 3bet to 800 by the guy to my left. I flat call. Flop is Kc Jh Tc. I check and fold to his 1800 bet. The pot is only 1750, and I felt his range was pretty strong. I'm not sure what else I can do, calling seems bad because I can't take any heat, and my draw is pretty obvious so I don't have much implied odds. A queen could be no good. I decide my best bet is too simply fold.

75/150
I open J6d in MP when two players to my left are telegraphing folds. Both the blinds call me and hey the flop is J66 with two spades. I bet 725 when checked to, and the SB calls me. The turn is the Ah, and the SB c/c my 875 bet. River is another J, and I think for a bit then bet 1250. He calls and mucks. I made my bet small on the turn because I thought I could get him to hero call with a hand like 88 hoping that I'm bluffing the ace. I also think if I bet too big he might fold a Jack.

50/200/400
I literally played one hand the entire level. I opened A6s, and the lag player to my left called. The flop was QT4r with a spade, I cbet he calls. I c/f the 9 on turn as that's a really bad card for to continue on given how much of his range improves in some way or another. I can really only make him fold AT, 77 or less, as most combinations of hands that have a T make a straight draw, all straight draws improve to either a pair or a straight, and most queens will have a straight
draw. AQ won't but also won't fold to another bet anyways. Seems bad to keep betting.

75/300/600
I am still card dead. Only played 3 hands. I open KQ to 1600, and fold to a 3bet.
I open A9o in HJ, get called by BB, and the flop is AJ8 with two spades. He c/cs my 2250 bet, and the turn is a Ks. We both check. River is a T and he bets 4400. I don't really see how I can call here, almost everything in his flop calling range is ahead of me now.
Then the LAG opens in EP to 1600. The SB calls, and I call with 89d. The flop is Ks 7d 8h. We both check to LAG who bets around 2100, the SB calls and I call. The turn is the Ts, and the LAG bets approx 3700, we both call again. The river is a 4c, and we check to LAG who thinks then bets about 7k. The SB calls, then I ship the river for 20k more. The LAG tank calls with AA, and the SB folds two pair.

I thought my line looked a lot like 56 or a slowplayed J9. But in retrospect I realize, that I probably don't check J9 on the river because the risk that he checks behind. So I'm really only repping like one hand, and even then I might just lead the river with it. I feel somewhat stupid for trying this, but at the time I thought it looked really strong.



I also played a satellite to the high roller event but busted. I'm up around 8k in cash games now.

I'm feeling too lazy to blog much more, but LAPC coming up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment