Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January Updates + December results & 2010 results

I'll start with January.

These numbers are pretty bad, but I have a lot of excuses. First, my biggest win of the month, I had to scratch off, because I never got paid. I won $17k that night, and when I get the money, I can backtrack and change it, but until I do, it counts like I never got it. Secondly, the PCA main and hotel at Atlantis are counted in these numbers, but I won those in a $700 satellite in December. I counted it as profit then, so I'm counting it as a loss now. Lastly, I did some drunken gambling in the pit at Atlantis, which was a pretty dumb idea. Altogether, it adds up into this disaster.

January
Cash Games
Live ($8,178.25)
Online ($5,727.26)

Tournaments
Live $507.40
Online ($1,265.50)

Poker ($14,663.61)
Staking ($812.50)
Other Gambling ($5,711.50)
Month's Expenses ($6,248.15)
Net on month ($27,435.76)





Unfortunately, my results for last year are equally dismal. After talking to my CPA, I had to backtrack and remove wins I haven't been paid for until I receive money for them. Since I'm currently owed a LOT of money, I basically had to deduce so much income, that I turned a loss on the year. I actually won $80k at the poker table, but wasn't paid that much. Add in losses staking, and other gambling, I'm down on the year. I'm also now pretty certain I was cheated out of nearly $80k at a home game I was playing at. If I had never played there, I would've had a good year. I think I learned my lesson about that game, and maybe home games in general. I'm pretty jaded about home games now.
My thoughts on staking on the past year, were that I took a few very high variance gambles on players who I think are very good. It didn't work out. I think a few other people were simply bad horses. I should be more selective about my staking.
On the gambling, some of that is props where I got destroyed by the cheats at that game. The rest is counting blackjack, which went really poorly for me this year. Combined my loss at attempted counting drunk at Atlantis in January, I think I'm gonna give it up. While it's fun, I simply don't think I can do it well enough, and don't really want to put the effort into doing more. It was fun getting barred from South Point though, it gives me a good story and makes me sound like a sick counter.

December
Cash Games
Live ($4,061.00)
Online $1,571.45

Tournaments
Online $5,656.75

Poker $3,167.20
Staking $140.00
Other Gambling $2,862.50
Month's Expenses $0.00
Net on month $6,169.70


Net on Year ($4,378.75)
Net on Year for Staking ($20,887.24)
Other Gambling ($32,025)
Net on Year for Poker $51,630
Poker Related Expenses $4,799



I'll see you across the felt.
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment