Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday shopping

I went to the mall today, and it was a test of patience. Some of these employees are incompetent, it's ridiculous how they can't accomplish some of the simplest tasks. One person had to ring up one item 3 times, and then realizing they made another mistake had to delete the entire order, and do it again. Then for no reason whatsoever, they proceeded to split up the items into two groups and have each one charged separately.
Poker has increased the patience for stuff like this though. Before I would get exasperated, and make some snide remark about someone's intelligence. But now, I know there is simply no benefit from something like that. It's like just empty anger that makes one person feel bad and you feel like you're getting revenge. But for what? It costs you a few minutes at most. I sit at a poker table and sometimes see a hand play out that takes 15-20 minutes. I never comment about the absurd amount of time involved. I see people tanking for several minutes about easy decisions. I don't say anything. Sometimes people have trouble. It happens. No need to make such a big deal out of it.

On the bright side, I'm doing well enough I can actually afford to go holiday shopping! Finally started to turn stuff around. I'm having a good December so far, here's to hoping it'll go well.

I'll see you across the felt.
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment