Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's the greatest tournament in the world!

day 1 of the WSOP main event

Started with 30k at 50/100
ended with 23.5k at 200/400/25

Fourth hand of the day I get 77, raise to 300, and the BTN calls. The flop is KK7r, I bet 475 and get called. Turn is a 3. I check going for a c/r vs Kx and wanting to avoid blowing a hand like 99 off the hand. He checks behind. The river is a J. I bet 1125, and he raises about 2400 more. I'm not happy but I'm also not about to fold a full house early on day 1 without rock solid reads. I call, he has JJ.

I 3barrel a guy a few hands later and find out he turned a set. First round of blinds down to 16k, and ran into two sets. Not good.

I spent most of the day slowly grinding back up. I got up to 35k several times, but then lost big pots to get back down. I had to fold JJ to a 3barrel on a 7 high board. Then I made two pair with QT on a QT99 board and he had 89. To end the day I got AKo AIPF vs 88 and lost that flip.

The big pots I won were QQ vs A7s on Ts2s3c flop, and one pot where I made a big bluff with 95o. I also busted a shorty when he called my reraise with KQo. Bad, especially when the board comes out Queen high and I have KK. I did hit two more sets that day with KK and JJ but won small pots with both.

Nothing special to note. My table was bad, but I was unable to capitalize. I didn't flop pairs much. Pretty sure the odds of flopping a pair are about 9:1 against. I'm not a math player though. :)

Hopefully I run better day 2. Good thing the structure in the main event is amazing.

I'll see you across the felt.
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment