Sunday, May 30, 2010

First week in vegas during the WSOP

I showed up and had fun before the WSOP started. I was hanging out with Matt and we played some 1/2 NL and 1/2 PLO. I also managed to drop 3k in blackjack. Counting has gone very badly for me. I am 100% sure I am counting properly, but working on a 1% edge is very small. I would estimate my edge in poker is around 3-5%, and my swings in that are huge. A 1% creates substantially bigger swings. It doesn't bother me though, and I hit my stop loss, so that's all that matters.

I played the $1k NLHE event at the WSOP, now that it's officially started. I spent the entire day grinding a short to barely below average stack, and simply couldn't get any traction. I made several really big laydowns, including folding TT to a 3bet when I had only 11bb. I was right and he had JJ.
I eventually busted with only 10 minutes left of play in day 1 when I shoved with K4s with 9bb and ran into aces.

I'm going to play the $1500 limit Omaha 8 or better tourny today. Wish me luck.

I'll see you across the felt.
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment