Monday, September 21, 2009

Online Pokers Biggest Day of the Year

Today was the World Championship of Online Poker Main Event (WCOOP). $5,000 buyin, $10 million guarantee.

I didn't play it.

I did however play a $30r super satellite to a $530 satellite to the WCOOP ME. And I won that. So I started the day off with a $530 win.

Over the course of the day, I played 17 tournaments. Unfortunately, I busted all my bigger buyins, including a $1k WCOOP 2nd chance event.

However I managed to restore my confidence with a 17th place finish in the Full Tilt Double Deuce. It's a $22 buying with a $200k guarantee. Luckily for the players, the guarantee wasn't met and the site had to provide layover to meet the guarantee. It's like free money, even if it's just a little. The player pool was just a few hundred short of 10,000 which meant that I had like a top 0.2% finish there. Pretty good, I just really wished I caught some cards at the end to close it.

When I thought that would be the highlight of my night, I got a backer for another Full Tilt tournament. It was a $75 buyin, and only had 187 players, but hey I managed to final table it after putting a sick beat on AA with A9d. I ended up with a 4th place finish good for $1,122. Jeff was happy to say the least.

I managed to top it off by winning around 2 buyins at .5/$1 full ring. Recently, I've started playing more full ring. I realized that my style of play is probably better suited to games where people are more willing to fold and play back less against me. I've definitely had people play back against me a lot in 6max and sometimes I push too hard and stack off unnessicarily. I've managed to tone that down, and I feel under less pressure to push so hard in full ring, where the vast majority of the time some fights back, it is just because they actually have a hand.

Today was pretty critical for me. I had been losing a lot lately, but today really help revitalize me and my bankroll. And best of all, I'm smashing Jeff in a prop bet on whose 10 players will cash for more in the WCOOP ME. If I can't play it, I have to at least sweat the action. Ah, the life of a degenerate gambler.

I'll see you across the felt.
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment