Friday, April 18, 2008

Progress Post #14: Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

Since my last post (two posts ago technically) (Not yet updated)
Tournaments: -$681.75
Online Cash Games: -$704
Live Cash Games: $0
Net since last post: -$1,385.75

Winnings this year to date.
Live Cash Games: +$3,069
Online cash games: -$1,052.07
Online Tournaments: +$2473.32
Net winnings this year: +$4,490.25


My title of this post is sadly accurate.

My online bankroll is currently $0.

Almost no tilt. Yet I have run so bad, I somehow managed to drop nearly $2k at microstakes online. I lost with sets, against sets, with combo draws, against combo draws, and so on.

According to the software I use, I am running about $500 below expectation in all in situations. That's 20 buyins at the game I play.

And that's only in all in situations. That doesn't count all the times, I miss draws more often than I should, my opponents flop top pair more often than expected, and when an overcard always hits to my pocketpairs without fail. Unless they flop a set.

It's been absolutely brutal. I have had the worst run of my life in these past 2 weeks. I would sit down and play 25nl and drop double digit buyins nearly every day.

I'm gonna take a break for a while. Finals are coming up anyways, so I'm gonna take a break and study for a bit. I need to relax and get away from poker right now.

I might still blog on strategy and stuff, but for now I'm taking a break from playing. I'll keep coaching, the people I'm coaching seem to be doing well. I walked Todd through the end game of a tournament for him to get 15th place. He decided not to listen to me in one spot, where I suggested he move all in, because I was quite certain he was best. He would've won a big pot, and it might've changed the outcome. You never know.

I was talking to Flanagan. He made me feel better by pointing out I was still up 4-5k on the year, and that's still pretty good. He is still down on the year, and I know he's a solid player. I appreciate all the support I've been getting from my friends.


Signing off.
This time, I won't be seeing you across the felt for a few weeks.

- Bryce
Leviathan101
Modoaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment