Monday, April 2, 2012

March Update, with a bit more.

March Cash Games Live ($53,514.00)
Online $0.00
Tournaments Live $3,935.00
Online $0.00
Poker ($49,579.00)
Staking ($1,410.00)
Other Gambling $4,012.00
Month's Expenses ($400.00)
Net on month ($47,377.00)



This looks a lot worse than it is.

First off I didn't actually lose 50k in cash games, but it's complicated. The short story is that I got staked in a really big poker game and lost. Due to a few communication issues, my backer is disputing the loss with me and thinks I should be responsible for 40k. I think that's absurd, but unfortunately I think it's gonna go the wrong way for me and I'm going to be out 40k. Hopefully it works out, or at least we come to some sort of settlement. I'm really tilted about this whole thing, and it's made me really jaded about doing any kind of financial transaction in the poker world. Maybe I learned this time, god knows it's happened enough times for me to know better.

Aside from that, this happens to be coinciding with a cash game downswing. Given I've been selling out my action in the bigger buying tournaments I've done well in, this all adds up into a pretty crappy month for me. Even if I somehow got all my money back from this 40k dispute, I would still be in the hole like 7.5k.

The only good news is that I feel like I'm playing amazingly well. I know I'll turn it around in poker, I'm just hoping I do so before the WSOP starts because my bankroll is hurting right now. I really don't want to sell off as much action as I did last year. I'm owed a fair chunk of change right now too, most of the people who owe are doing their best to pay me back, but simply can' pay the whole sum at once.
Luckily, I've done pretty good in my other gambling, mostly chinese poker. I also got set up with a 50% rakeback poker account online at a small site that still serves US customers, and they have some pretty decent games running. I haven't tried cashing out yet, but some other people I know have, and haven't had any trouble. If that all works out, I could make some pretty decent money playing online.


Anyways, March has been a really stressful month for me, I'm kinda glad it's over. I learned a few life lessons this time. Hopefully I'll run a bit better and make some better life decisions in the upcoming month.

I'll see you across the felt.
BRyce

No comments:

Post a Comment