Friday, October 29, 2010

Random musings

It's crazy how big the games I'm playing are. Like a year ago, 5-10 was a big game to me. Winning or losing 2-3k in a night is what I expected. Now I'm playing games where the pot preflop will be over 3k. The difference on a nightly basis is enormous. In the past 7 days, I had a 13k winning day, a 15k winning day and a 11k losing day. That's one week. The kind of numbers were my monthly results from last year. It's crazy. I feel more motivated to play lower stakes to pad my bankroll, but its also hard to play a game like 5-5 seriously when I'm used to playing stakes 5x to 10x as large. I'm heading to hustler now, hopefully they'll have something bigger for me to play.

The really neat thing about all these bigger games is that I've met a lot of really interested people. They are almost all really successful in some field in life. Like this one guy I know has been around the gambling industry for years, and he was one of the most influential people in that business during the steve wynn era. Another guy is named Archie Karas, he's an infamous gambler for turning 10k into $50 million and then losing it all. Great guy, but wow that's sick to gamble away that kind of money. It's not like he had another $50 mil, that was pretty much his net worth.

Anyways, I was just a little bored and felt like sharing my thoughts.
I'll see you across the felt.
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment