Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Progress Post #12: I'm selling lightning in a bottle, Chip Richie cleans up Anaheim

Since my last post

Tournaments: -$538
Online Cash Games: +$232.35
Live Cash Games: +$1,200

Net since last post: $894.35

Winnings this year to date.
Live Cash Games: +$2,344
Online cash games: +$800.25.
Online Tournaments: +$3303.02

Net since the beginning of the year: $6447.27

I was talking to Todd, and he and Brandon were at Hawaiian Gardens. They were invited to a home game, and managed to get Rob and me an invite. We drove to a company building and someone runs out to let us in. The business is run by Eddie. He's been hosting home games for years now, but they told me it's gonna be ending soon since he sold his business. Too bad it's a nice set up. Anyways, Eddie is a cool guy and apparently he gets about 30 people showing up on a weekly basis.

There was a $100 tournament. Rob and I got there too late to play, but whatever we prefer cash games anyways.

The cash game starts up when enough people busted. They had an all time dealer set up who began shuffling the cards. We sit down at that table. Their whole set up was quite nice. 4 tables spaced comfortably, with nice chips and cards. Drinks in a fridge in the corner and various snacks on the counter.

The cash game was $1/$2 with up to two live straddles. We start 6 handed with Rob on my right. I know Rob plays tight, so I know when he gets into a pot, I should stay out. I ended up playing my usual LAG game to take advantage of the weaker players. Since the cash game is starting with the people who busted in the tourney, I figured many of the people we were starting with were bad.

My first hand is KdQd, and I push it up to $7. The BTN and SB calls me with about $100 behind. Flop is Kxx. The SB bets into me and I call. The BTN folds. The turn is a Q, he checks and I bet. He calls. The river is a blank and I fire a $60 bet out there into about a $100 pot. He folds after showing a K. I show him KQ and gain some respect. I had planned to abuse it later, but not all goes according to plan.

I ended up running too hot to bother bluffing. I had a real hand so many times, I never actually got a good spot to bluff. I made 4 straights, a flush over a straight, and two sets against top pair and got paid on all of them.

Like I attempted to check/raise my OESD. But since I only put in one chip, they said its a call. I'm like fine whatever. And I turned the straight and got paid off, since he didn't put me on that.

Todd decided he would try to play poker against me and got burned. I took about $100 off him when he didn't give my river bet any credit and called with a bad top pair. Then I stacked him when I flopped top two with QJ when he limped AQ.
=/
I told him I wasn't playing back at him. Whatever. His loss.

Some guy kept calling me Chip Richie because I kept collecting all the chips. I said I preferred to be called Chip Reese, but he was like, he's six feet under.
I thought to myself, well I didn't say I want to be Chip Reese.

The same guy kept saying he wanted to stack me whenever I left the room. (Rob told me this) And Rob now wants to stack him. What a great friend. So Rob decided to have some fun and raise with Td9d. Not really a big deal, I do it all the time. The guy reraises from $7 to $45. All right it's time to fold'em, but Rob calls and the guy only has like $60 more behind. The flop comes out 9 high, the guy pushes. Rob calls and the other guy shows JJ. Rob catches a T and WOW I was laughing my ass off.

I ended the night up $1,500. I only played for about 3 or 4 hours and I won more than the guy who got first in the tournament. I also cashed out more than everyone else on the table combined. It was pretty nice. Rob won like $300 as well.

Overall, the players were very nice. They weren't very good, some were terrible and only a small handful were decent. Eddie says since he's selling his business, he wants to get in our games. We'll see. I don't think we'll mind, it's just we don't have enough space. Although I don't really know how happy they will be to play with us, seeing how bad Rob and I cleaned them out.

I ended up dropping $300 at Winston's home game the next day. I ran KK into AA on Winston's straddle (obviously) and then flopped a straight vs top two and he filled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment